What is DIY raw feeding?
DIY is another option of raw feeding if you want to prepare your dog’s food and choose exactly what they are fed.
If you are preparing your dog’s meals you need to ensure they are getting enough variety and proteins in the correct ratios; generally 80:10:10 (80% meat, 10% bone, 10% offal).
Reasons to DIY
raw meaty bone selection
HOW MUCH DO I FEED?
Visit our Easy Raw Feeding Guide for weight guidelines.
An example of a meal for a 15kg dog:
An adult dog of 16kg will need approximately 400g. Ideally, this will be two meals of 200g. A 200g meal may contain (160g meat, 20g bone, 20g offal):
- 100g Paleo Ridge Beef Lips (https://www.lavenderdogshop.co.uk/product-page/pr-beef-lips-1kg)
- 25g Lamb Heart (https://www.lavenderdogshop.co.uk/product-page/tdb-lamb-hearts)
- 20g Tripe Chunk (https://www.lavenderdogshop.co.uk/product-page/raw-treat-pet-food-tripe-80-10-10)
- 1x 35g Chicken Foot (at 60% bone percentage = 20g bone, 15g meat), (https://www.lavenderdogshop.co.uk/product-page/raw-chicken-feet-southcliffe)
- 20g The Dog’s Butcher Offal Mix (https://www.lavenderdogshop.co.uk/product-page/tdb-offal-mix-500g)